About a month ago, Miss A's school had it's Sports Carnival. I spent the day at the oval as I'd volunteered to help out for the day. At lunch time, one of the other mum's gave me a taste of her Couscous Salad. Yum! I couldn't stop thinking about it, so last week I asked her for the recipe.
A couple of days later she presented my with a beautifully typed up recipe! I made it for dinner tonight and it did not disappoint :) Thanks Maria!
- In a glass bowl put 1 cup of couscous
- In a saucepan put 1 cup of water, pinch salt, 1-2 tablespoons of olive oil and 1 teaspoon of turmeric powder. Bring to the boil and mix well together.
- Add to the couscous, stir well and cover the bowl with cling wrap - leave for 5 mins
- Thinly dice - spanish red onion
- red capsicum
- spring onions
- celery (stems and leaves (if you like))
- cherry tomatoes (take out the seeds)
- Avocado (optional)
- Finely chop - fresh coriander (optional)
- flat leaf parsley
- open a can of chick peas - rinse and drain well.
- Once the couscous has absorbed all the liquid use a fork to seperate the grains making the couscous fluffy.
Did she really eat it for dinner? - not a chance