Friday, July 2, 2010

Swap show and tell

Last Sunday the Craftroom put on a Sunday craft day.  Cass organised one of her famous swaps, which involved making four items for fellow Craftroom gals.  On the day we were randomly divided into groups of five, where we each swapped our little goodies - therefore receiving four fantastic, handmade gifts to take home.

What did I receive you ask??


This too beautiful to be used linen teatowel.  It has now taken pride of place on the table as a table runner (and yes I have ironed it since taking the photo!!) made by Cass, said swap organiser


 

and because Cass is a Very Good  and experienced swap organiser, she made an extra lot of swap goodies, just in case of any late cancellations due to unforseen circumstances.....................  Lucky for me there was,  because I scored this super cute snap purse!!  Miss A has already tried to claim it as her own but I've squirrelled it away in the hope she'll forget about it.  I actually think Miss B should get this one.  Being second in line she usually misses out!



This very lovely and perfectly sized for on the go crafting pin cushion came from Jen who obviously is not only a keen knitter and crocheter but also an expert sewer!!


And just in the nick of time, to save me from making one (inferior, I'm sure) for myself, Fiona contributed this perfect little needle book.
Look inside.........................


Fiona went to the trouble of sourcing pure wool felt, as it is easier to push needles through than synthetic felt.  I can truly attest to that, as this little beauty is now full of all my needles which have been floating around looking for a home for some time now!

Thank you so much lovely ladies - I love each gift and really appreciate the time and effort that went into each one xxxxxxx

And what did I make for my fellow swappers?


Upcycled wool scarflettes.  This one has barely been off my neck since I made it as a prototype for the swap.


I only remembered to snap a picture when I was all set to gift wrap them, so this is the best shot I got.

Hope they keep my lovely swap partners warm and snuggly during this bitterly cold snap we are currently enjoying enduring.

2 comments:

  1. Fran my scarf has been getting a work out this week, thanks again

    ReplyDelete
  2. They are lovely scarfs- love the buttons.

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for reading and sharing your thoughts, you've just made my day!