Friday, September 4, 2009

One for the WIP's




I've been working on a very uninspiring crochet blanket of late. So uninspiring I haven't even posted about it. Last night I could take it no longer and decided to knock up a quick and cute little bag to stash WIP's (uninspiring or no) in. I needed something to inspire my creativity again. Here is the result....




Thank you all for your lovely comments on my last post. It has been a week of celebrations in these parts with no less than three parties for Miss A. The last was at our Playgroup. I made this cake, decorated with simple lollies ('cause all kids love lollies). This recipe is quick, yummy and allergy friendly to boot (so my youngest could eat cake to her hearts content!).

Here's how..

Chocolate Cake

1 1/2 cups SR Flour
3 tbs cocoa
1 cup caster sugar
1 cup water
1 tsp vanilla essence
1 tbs white vinegar
1/2 cup vegetable oil
Add flour, sugar, cocoa and water in bowl, whisk then add remaining ingredients and whisk again. Put mixture into a greased and lined cake tin and bake in a moderate oven for 35 minutes or until a skewer comes out clean. Stand in tin for 10 minutes before turning out onto a cooling rack.
Icing
Mix together 1 cup of icing sugar, 1 tablespoon margarine and some warm water to make a smooth paste. Spread over cake and decorate as desired.
Easy peasy!!



This one is a picture of my dollies dressed up for party number 2 - the 'friends' party.

1 comment:

  1. I love that bag Fan, it's too gorgeous! I think I would need a garbage bag to store all my WIPs in!! I have tagged you in a game - hope you can play.

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for reading and sharing your thoughts, you've just made my day!