This precipitation has been......persistent.
Therefore lot's of indoor creative activity was called for, resulting in...
allergy friendly cookie baking
recipe as follows:
Basic Cookie Dough
1/2 cup caster sugar
Orgran 'No Egg' - 1 egg equivelant
2 cups self-raising flour, sifted
3-4 drops vanilla essence
1. Preheat oven to 170C, and line two ovens trays with baking paper.
2. Using an electric mixer, beat together the marg and caster sugar until light and fluffy.
3. Add the 'No Egg' and mix until combined.
4. Add the sifted flour and vanilla.
5. Knead mixture to form a ball. Wrap the dough in cling wrap and place in fridge to rest (approx. 20 minutes).
6. Using a rolling pin, roll the dough evenly on a clean, lightly floured surface, until it is 4-5mm thick.
7. Use cutter to shape dough into desired shapes and place on oven trays.
8. Place in oven and cook for 5-10 minutes until lightly golden .
9. Remove from oven and transfer to wire rack to cool.
I also added some Lindt 85% cocoa dark chocolate (contains no dairy!), roughly chopped, at the kneading stage - yum!
Strawberry Coconut slice, recipe from current addition of Family Circle
and some flannelette pyjama's for the girls!
It's the first time I have tried machine applique and my machine was not cooperating (I hear you Tania), but I had promised I would have them ready by next morning - and so I would God damn it.
The pants were made with some flannelette I had purchased oh, maybe three years ago and somehow or other there just didn't seem enough fabric to make a whole pair of pants for my 'babies' anymore. Hmmm, they do have a habit of growing....
So I paired up the fabrics and made one pair of pj's each. The girls are over the moon, I think they would wear them out if I let them. This just makes the effort so much more rewarding don't you think?
The white tops I bought from my local clothes shop and hey presto a new pair of pyjama's. As miss A said "at least there are no buttons". Spoken like a true four year old!
I have to say I am quite chuffed as well.
Hope your weekend has been as pleasant and productive as mine :)
P.S. I seem to be having major issues with my spacing and page layout - H E L P!