Thursday, May 28, 2009

crafty goodness and cooking

Well a splendid evening was had by all the craftroom ladies last night. Everyone's WIP's looked great with projects ranging from crochet and knitting to embroidery and hand pieced hexagons, to the dearest little owl I've ever seen and even a doggy sock softy. We were all so busy chatting, laughing and creating that I believe not a single photo was taken!


There is always room for more crafty ladies, so if your able and willing to travel to the northern beaches once a month with a few Sundays thrown in for good measure pop on over to the craftroom for more info.


I really do enjoy cooking, the only setback is I am not very good at it as witnessed last night with my attempt at Caramel slice. When I tried to cut it, it was like cutting through rock. I then heated the knife with hot water to aid the cutting which then melted the layer of caramel :(




Needless to say it ended up as a totally unappetising mess (which I have to say tastes divine!)

This leads me to the previously mentioned topic of allergy friendly cooking.
Both my daughters have food allergies. They both have an allergy to nuts, my younger daughter is also allergic to dairy and eggs. This, as you can imagine somewhat restricts my choice of meal's to prepare for my family. And as any time poor mother will attest, quick and simple is best!

I like to prepare one meal which we can all share, and as my husband, oldest daughter and I do not share little miss B's fondness for soy milk I need to plan carefully. This has become second nature to me by now, and I have to say we have a very varied, rounded and tasty variety of meals.

So from time to time, I will share with you some of the recipes I use to cook food that is suitable and tasty for the whole family.

This pizza is a real winner. Quick, simple and tasty. I just use soy cheese on top for miss B, which you can buy from most supermarket's.


Easy Pizza Dough!



1 package dry yeast
3 cups sifted plain flour
1 cup of luke warm water (too hot or too cold will kill yeast)
3 tablespoons olive oil
pinch of salt

Dissolve yeast in water, add salt and olive oil. Mix in flour. When dough forms knead by hand and form into a large round ball. Place in a large bowl covered lightly and allow to rise for 2 hours in a warm place. Punch down and allow to rise again. Separate into two pieces. Roll out to form pizza bases, cover with favourite toppings and bake at 180C for 15 minutes or until cheese is melted and golden.


Voila!

2 comments:

  1. We love pizza here too though, but we cheat and buy pre made bases (no allergies in this house). I didn't get to try the caramel slice, I thought it looked yummy.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Great looking pizza. Sorry I missed last night

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for reading and sharing your thoughts, you've just made my day!