Wednesday, May 20, 2009

work in progress

I've been wanting to make a log cabin cushion for a looong time now, ever since I borrowed The Crafter's Companion from the library and the world of good crafting was revealed to me in all it's wonderous glory.

So the other day I was sitting on the lounge (as you do when your a SAHM) when the cushions caught my eye, and I realised how faded and tatty they were. And then shock horror I realised one had a tear in it! Well they would just have to be replaced.
This is what the new scatter cushions look like so far.....
Red and green is a favourite colour combination of mine. I've used exactly the same fabrics in both pieces, but put together in different ways. The one on the left starts off with the lighter fabrics in the centre, going out to the darkest and vice versa with the piece on the right.

I quilted it with white cotton, just using my standard sewing foot. I do have a walking foot but for the life of me I could not remember how to use it. The last time I had it out was about four years ago.

1 comment:

  1. Wow Fran you have done so well to set up your blog. Love the cushions too. I want to give quilting a go some day.

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for reading and sharing your thoughts, you've just made my day!