Saturday, September 12, 2009

more home-baking goodness - oh my goodness!


I'm on a roll! I can see my waistline expanding as I'm sitting here writing this.


While we're on the subject of food, I've been tagged by Sophie to play along in this recipe tag doing the rounds in blogland at the moment.

The rules are:-

-I post a recipe here which uses at least one of the ingredients from my taggers recipe, linking back to their blog

-I tag four people who then post a recipe using at least one of the ingredients I have used in my recipe, then they tag four more people

-To keep it exciting please post within a week of being tagged!


So Sophie posted a yummy looking Spaghetti Bolognaise recipe that included zucchini so my recipe is:


Zucchini and Haloumi Cakes - these are Scrumdiddillyumptious!!!!


Ingredients:

melted butter, for greasing

2 zucchini, grated

2 shallots, finely chopped

120g haloumi, grated

3 eggs, beaten

1/3 cup SR flour, sifted

1/4 cup olive oil

freshly ground black pepper


1 Preheat oven to 180C. Brush a 12 hole patty pan with melted butter and line the bases with rounds of baking paper (this is important). Put all ingredients in a bowl, season with pepper and mix until well combined.

2 Spoon mixture evenly into prepared patty pan. Bake for 25 - 30 mins until golden and puffed. Allow to cool for 10 mins before loosening from the pan.

Delicious warm or cold!


Not the kind of thing I usually cook due to the numerous food allergies my little sweetpeas have but I made these recently for Miss A's birthday party picnic and they went down a real treat.


I'm tagging four bloggers who regularly post about food -
Corrie from retromummy
Amelia from duyvken
Gemma from loz and dinny (again!)
ok, I'm having trouble coming up with a fourth blogger who regularly posts about food (who hasn't already been tagged anyway) so I tag
Nannette from Rummage just because I love her blog!

1 comment:

  1. Oh my goodness, those cakes sound AMAZING, I love haloumi. I am giving these a shot ASAP!

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for reading and sharing your thoughts, you've just made my day!