Wednesday, September 30, 2009

The BFG


We had a lovely day at Berrima today.  Just spending time together as a family, enjoying each other's company and the glorious Spring weather. 

We visited Harper's Mansion, a lovely house built in the 1830's. 

Just look at this sweet little nursery, with the crisp white linen and lovely pink and white quilt!


We all enjoyed finding our way through the maze in the back garden, and took the opportunity to take afew happy snaps.


Playing eye spy in the car while doing a spot of crochet for my current WIP which I shall christen the BFG (Big Floral Grannysquare) project. 

I started the flower squares back here, then got side tracked with other projects.  I've been itching to get back into it, especially after seeing this fabulous blanket over at Attic 24, a favourite blog I discovered only recently.  I decided I needed a crochet blanket for my bed.  I hadn't decided what to do with the flower squares, so the BFG project was born.  I've been whipping through the little granny squares making 2, 3 or 4 a day.


Will certainly keep you posted with my progress....

1 comment:

  1. Oh this is going to be amazing!!! I love those floral granny squares ... very jealous of your crocheting prowess x

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for reading and sharing your thoughts, you've just made my day!