Last summer I bought this dress, mainly because I loved the fabric. I love the look of halter neck dresses but just never feel really comfortable in them - especially with a rather plunging neckline! So last night, once the little sweetpeas were all tucked up in bed I set to altering the dress to a more Fran friendly style.
(sorry the photo is abit blurry, taken by Miss A with Miss B striking a cat pose beside me. She wears those cardboard cat ears and stuffed stocking tail on an almost daily basis - even going to bed with them sometimes. Who ever said you need to spend alot of money on toys hey!!!)
and after!!!!! Yay, I really, really love how it turned out.
I originally intended to shir the top but after cutting off the top of the dress I realised the skirt part was too wide to fit around my torso without further alteration.
I wanted to keep this project as simple and quick as possible so I ended up turning down the top of the fabric to make a channel. I then ran some 1 1/4" elastic through the channel to make the dress fit around my chest, just under my arms. I used the ties from the halter neck to make straps and then sewed some 1/4" elastic around the waist to cinch it in.