Sunday, April 18, 2010

A birthday, a break, a bike and a bucket hat

Well the school holidays have come to an end.

We've all really enjoyed the break, but Miss A seems ready to get back to school.

On the day of my last post we jumped in the car and headed north to Queensland for a weeks holiday with my sister-in-law and her husband.

On the way up to QLD we stopped overnight in Coffs Harbour.  We arrived in the early afternoon and headed straight down to the beach - it was perfect!  Perfect weather, perfect fun.  You can see by the look on the girls faces that they loved every minute of it!



We arrived at my SIL's place Friday afternoon.  Miff and Pete are always such good company.  They live in a semi-rural area and have an extensive garden and a couple of chooks.  Paradise I tell you.  We spent most of our time just lazing around and hanging out.

While we were away we celebrated my dear, sweet little Miss B's fourth birthday.  She had spotted this bike at Kmart a little while ago and fell in love with it.  So we smuggled it up to Brisbane in the boot of the car and last Sunday surprised her with it on her birthday - she was one happy  ecstatic camper!!!


We loaded the bike and a scooter (for Miss A) into the car and headed to Kalinga Park for a morning filled with bike riding and playing at the playground.

In the afternoon we had a party for her.  Miss A and Miss B had re-acquainted themselves upon arrival with the girls next door who are of a similar age, so they and their parents came around for the party.  It was truly a fun afternoon.

I whipped up an allergy friendly Chocolate Cake that morning for the occasion.


On Monday we took a trip into town and visited the Queensland Museum.  What a fantastic space - and FREE entry!


After a fun filled few days we set off for the journey home on Tuesday morning stopping off again in Coffs Harbour for the night.  We spent the afternoon at the beach again but by this time pulling the camera out didn't even occur to me. 

I have to say I really enjoyed having a little bloggy break and just focusing on the family.........

Anywho since getting back home I dusted off the sewing machine and made the requested, yes that's right requested black and white reversible hat for my nephew's tenth birthday. 

I used the Lazy Day hat pattern by Make It Perfect.  I'm very pleased with how it turned out (although I followed Sadieandlances finishing alterations) and definately have plans for making another for myself!


Happy Birthday Mr. Z xoxoxo

1 comment:

  1. Fran looks like you all had a wonderful time. Love the hat

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for reading and sharing your thoughts, you've just made my day!