Thursday, October 29, 2009

my place and yours - bedside

This week's theme in the Meet Me at Mikes meme is 'Bedside'. 
Thanks pottymouthmama for this week's theme.  Make sure you check out some of the other favourite besides out there!


My bedside consists of a little posy of flowers picked from my garden, two books - 'The Creative Family' by  Amanda Blake Soule, which lives permanently on my bedside table and 'Our Mutual Friend' by Charles Dickens which has been sitting on my bedside table for longer than I care to admit, waiting for me to start reading it.  The problem is whenever I have a spare few minutes crafting or blogging wins handsdown every time! 

I also have a very daggy but functional digital alarm clock set to wake me at 7:29am each day just in time for the 7:30 news and weather report on 2CH (golden oldies station for those not in the know).  Yes you read right - I have tuned in to this station for roughly the last decade!  Not ALL the time mind you.  I listen to a variety of other stations during the day but there is nothing like waking up to the sultry sounds of Frank Sinatra or the like I say :)

2 comments:

  1. The creative family is such a great book!

    ReplyDelete
  2. hmm I thinkk I used to have that same alarm clock. I really want that Soulemumma book it seems like there is loads of great projects in it.

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for reading and sharing your thoughts, you've just made my day!