Friday, October 16, 2009

Welcoming Alexander to the flock (pun intended!!)

Miss A is recovering admirably, taking the whole operation/recovery thing in her stride.  But with news from her post-operation check-up that her arm will be in a sling to prevent ANY movement for at least another four weeks we are all feeling the boredom and frustration kicking in. 

So a family trip to Birdsville was in order!


I made a customised birdcage skirt and cover to make Alexander O'Bird more comfortable......


We've also spent some time on a crafty project inspired by retromummy which kept the girls occupied for the afternoon.  The best part is I used up some of the scrapbooking paper I had stashed away and Miss A got to use the fantastic craft scissors (you know the ones that make all different pretty edgings) given to her as a get well present by her Nanna and Pappa.




And a little project using the lovely lace and dye I bought at the Stitches and Craft Show that has been waiting in the wings (I just can't help it).



I really love how these singlets turned out! So, so pretty and summery.  Bring on the warmer weather I say :)

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thanks for reading and sharing your thoughts, you've just made my day!